How to book IST Events
Detailed below is a range of information relating to In-Service Training (IST) Days and bookings.
To Book your Place on an IST Day
- Print off a booking form for the IST Day using the link in the more info box for the Day
- Send the booking form with a cheque to:
Natasha St Paul,
9 Sandall Road,
- Please send a booking form and cheque for each IST Day you wish to attend. Make your cheque(s) payable to British Wheel of Yoga and place your membership number on the reverse of each cheque (this is vital for registration of IST attendance at Central Office). Please also state IST title and date on the reverse of the cheque(s)
- If you want a receipt or printed map please enclose a SAE otherwise please provide your e-mail address for confirmation of booking, venue information and programme of the day
- Please note that IST Days form part of CPD (Continuing Professional
Development). More information is available on the Guidelines for CPD page in the Members Only section.
- IST Days (other than First Aid days) count as 7.5 CPD points. This rule
applies to the Distance Learning IST as well as usual IST days.
- From January 2010, First Aid is no longer IST or CPD & cannot be counted as CPD points.
On the Day
- Please check the Transport for London website for information prior to commencing your journey on public transport.
- An IST Day is usually from 10.00 – 16.00 with an hour for lunch.
- Please bring a packed lunch. Hot drinks will usually be provided.
- Please be punctual – aim to be at the venue 15 minutes prior to the start of the day. If you are late please respect others and enter quietly.
- Please complete the evaluation form – we want to know your opinions so
we can act accordingly.
- Please note: if you leave the session early, this is recorded and this
information is sent to Central Office – an hour's attendance does not
constitute an IST Day.
- It is a requirement for all Yoga Teachers to have a valid First Aid
Certificate which is renewed every three years
If you have further queries about IST Days, please contact the Regional Training Officer:
07534 962811 (phone or text)
If you cancel a confirmed place on an IST Day:
- more than 2 weeks before the Day: you will be refunded in full in one of the following ways:
- by transferring to another Day if spaces are available
- by destroying your cheque. We will let you know when this has been done
- 2 weeks or less before the Day: if we can fill your space with another booking at short notice you will be refunded as above. Otherwise no refund will be possible
- If a Day becomes fully booked, we can hold you on a waiting list if you have sent a cheque for the full fee
- If a space becomes available, you will be informed as soon as possible prior to the Day and your place will be confirmed if you still wish to attend
Increase in IST Day Fees
Please note that from 1st January 2010 there will be an increase in fees
for IST events: £30 for an IST Day and £40 for First Aid. This is due to an increase in tutor's fees and expenses plus venue rental, and to the fact we do not wish to increase the number of places available on each IST Day. It would be to your advantage to ensure that you make
your bookings early, as there are limited places on all events.
- London Festival 2013
- news & information
- what's on
- Events Open to All
- In-Service Training
- How to book IST Events
- Yoga Classes
- Committee Meeting Dates
- yoga classes
- our region
- members only
© 2009 BWY London Region |
Registered Charity No. 1136674 |